Saturday, January 16, 2010

Summertime

Happy Week 38! Tomorrow Jackson will have officially been out as long as he was in. I can't believe it has gone so fast!!!


This week Jackson has continued with his crawling... to the point where he is SO fast and goes about anywhere! He is exhausting! He is so proud of his new found mobility. He is so curious and isn't really interested in HIS toys anymore. He wants to play with all the things he isn't supposed to be into... power chords, Daddy's papers, Mommy's music...
My winning moment came on Thursday this week when I left Jackson happily playing with his toys in front of the TV to go outside and help Jon check my oil. Not but 3 minutes later when I came back to check on him, he was chewing on a cockroach bait. Nice. Luckily, it was old and inactive. But no Mother Of The Year awards for me. So I started the long and arduous task of picking up all dangerous items from the floor, vacuuming this smelly old carpet, and attaching safety devices to all the outlets. Here we go... life will never be the same!
My baby DOES have good taste though. One afternoon, he was playing in my happy room and I was working. We were listening to Jennie DeVoe and here goes Jackson crawling right in front of the stereo and that's where he sat for a good couple songs just dancing away!



This week Jackson started pulling up. On EVERYTHING! You've got to keep your eye on the little stinker!
"Hmmmmm... I wonder what's up here"


He knows he is not supposed to be in my music stuff. But I caught him. He looks caught.


Let's see.... this week we went to swimming lessons. It wasn't particularly worth mentioning as Jackson is cutting his third tooth and wasn't quite his normal happy fishy self.

We had another visit from sister Jessica and brother Jonathan.




Since we have made a decision to downsize, we have been selling a lot of our stuff. We have been able to put all of Jackson's stuff in his room and he loves crawling around in there.
In our Family Room we have a corner with all of his books. He loves to sit down and read them!


Not that anyone would be particularly interested in this next subject (more so intended "for the record"...), here is Jackson's typical day.
Wake up - 7:30ish
Breastfeed
Play
Breakfast - 9:30 (consists of rice cereal and millet plus applesauce... sometimes bananas, sometimes papayas, sometimes yogurt)
Morning Nap - 10:00 to 11:30 (I nurse him down)
Run errands/clean house/play
Lunch - 12:30 (consists of fruit, cracker, macaroni, or eggs)
Play
Afternoon Nap - 2:30 to 4:30 (I nurse him down)
Afternoon Snack (wheat puffs) while watching one episode of Yo Gabba Gabba
Play
Breastfeed - 6:00
Dinner - Between 7 - 7:30 (consists of vegetables, chicken, etc...)
Play
Bath - 8:30
Boob, Bed - 9:00

Here is our Afternoon Snack while watching Yo Gabba Gabba:


I might mention that Jackson has started dancing. It is incredibly cute. He has got this arm thing going on that I hope to get video of as well as bouncing his head (he looks like Myles when he does that...hmmm). He has also been singing with my students... well, the good ones :) Jackson still enjoys playing the piano.


There has been lots of new food this week: I made Jackson chicken, lentil and apples (it's REALLY tasty); zucchini; and mangos, pomegranate and bananas (see picture below).

We have ruled out the gluten sensitivity. He does well with the wheat in his wheat puffs and macaroni. So it must just be the oatmeal. I'll try to reintroduce it when he's one.

With exception to the sleeplessness that has occured a couple of nights due to cutting his third tooth, Jackson has been doing well sleeping in his crib by himself. I think he wakes up and plays then goes back to sleep. One morning, we snuck in to check on him and this is what he looked like:

He must've gotten tired playing and just fell over!

Every day is something new with Jackson now. He is getting so independent! I can't believe my baby will be 9 months old in 3 days! Hope everyone has a good week! I know we will!

No comments: