Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday!



Dear sweet little baby boy on your first birthday,

This time last year,
We saw each other for the first time;
I held you in my arms for the first time;
I kissed your chubby cheeks for the first time;
I heard the most precious cry for the first time;
And I cried, too, as a mother for the first time.

Throughout this last year,
You learned to roll over and crawl and make messes;
We learned that price tags aren't digestible;
You took your first plane ride;
I watched you smile as you discovered the world;
And I smiled, too.

Today,
I kiss your one year old chubby cheeks;
We celebrate with cake and presents and lots of hugs;
You make me laugh by being a big goofball;
We dance a lot;
And I love you more than ever.

As you grow from a baby into a little boy into a teenager into a young man into a grown man into an old man, I will still cry as a mother, smile at your accomplishments, kiss your chubby cheeks, dance a lot and love you more than ever. Thank you for sharing your journey with me.

Happy 1st Birthday, my Little Bug!

Love,
Mommy


Seems like yesterday you were so little...


...what a beautiful little boy you are.

1 comment:

Mio said...

Nothing like starting the day blubbering all over myself after reading your post!!! You're the best. Mio