Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How Much Is That Doggy In The Window?

It's been a while since I've last posted. Lots has happened. And there are lots of pictures to share. What I'll try to do on this post is put the day to day activities at the beginning and the whinging at the end. Because there is a lot of whinging. And not everybody likes whinging. So read as far as you want :)

Jackson is doing so well. He is such a sweet boy. He is clever and funny and well behaved. Of course, I could just be saying that because I'm his mother... but I will never know, and he just has the sweetest face and a smile to melt your heart.




Shortly after you and I spoke last, my church's "Santa Claus" brought Jackson a little red tricycle. He loves getting pushed around on it (he hasn't figured out the pedals just yet) and more than that he loves pushing it. Unfortunately, it is a bit too cold now to play outside so we'll play again come Spring.



Cousin Myles didn't get any bad notes at school so we were all treated to a trip to GattiTown on his behalf. Thanks Myles! Keep it up! One more week and we're off to Chuck E. Cheese!




The next day (Saturday 23rd), Holly, Myles, Jackson and I headed off to Mayse Farm to pick some pumpkins. We got to take a hayride to the pumpkin patch.



Once we got off the truck, we had about 20 minutes to comb the pumpkin patch to find the "perfect" pumpkin. Due to the drought here, it was very dry and VERY dusty. Jackson is not too fond of being dirty so he spent a lot of time showing me his hands and saying "ew".





Eventually, we all found our pumpkin soul mate and got back on the hay tractor.
Here is Jackson's pumpkin...


And here is Myles' pumpkin! The child doesn't do anything in halves.


After we put the pumpkins in the car, we headed back out to the field where did a few more activies including a hay maze that was just Jackson's size. After realizing there was no escape, he made his way through the maze taking a rest at the end and giving himself a round of applause.








That night I started carving our pumpkins. It was then I realized that I LOVE carving pumpkins...and I'm not half bad! I ended up carving five pumpkins (having bought the fifth one for my mom's classroom at the local grocery store).
Jackson's pumpkin and my pumpkin:


Myles' pumpkin:


Holly's pumpkin:


Mom's pumpkin:



Next, we started preparing for Halloween. Jackson's daycare was to have a Halloween party on Friday complete with costumes. Jackson's actual Halloween costume was a two man assembly job and I didn't want to do that to Brandy, so I bought him a simple spider costume.








Unfortunately, that's when it all fell apart. On Thursday, we went to Myles' school for his Halloween program and to eat lunch with him.


We came home, took a nap, and when Jackson woke up he was sick. He threw up and just felt awful. For the next five days, all he wanted to do was be held and sleep. So no daycare Halloween party.


It was so sad. He had a constant fever and on Saturday evening, we took Jackson to the Urgent Care where he was prescribed an antibiotic. His fever finally broke on Monday afternoon and he has been back to normal Jackson ever since!


I did, however, put him in his real Halloween costume on Halloween. I couldn't resist. We walked around the block once for him to "trick or treat"... and by that I mean me pushing the stroller to the door and Myles saying trick or treat and getting candy for himself and Jackson. Who is the cutest little Saint Bernard Puppy you have ever seen? (Jackson doesn't realize it's him...when we put him in front of the mirror, he kept pointing and saying "oosh" which is Jackson for "woof").





We also had some Trick-Or-Treaters at the house. Can you guess who these Halloweeners are?




Daddy celebrated his birthday on October 25. Since then, we (finally) set up Skype. Jackson LOVED the video call and we can't wait for the next one. He is officially booked to come over for a visit on Dec 2 (unfortunately, there is no visa yet so it is just a visit) and the 3 week countdown has begun until Daddy gets here.
David suprised us both with random gifts in the mail (I LOVE random gifts). I got this beautiful bouquet of purple roses and baby's breath.


Shortly after, Jackson received a package as well. It was a customized Elmo book and CD. It is so neat! The book has his name in it and the CD has his name in the songs. This is currently the popular book... Elmo + Jackson? Good gift, Daddy!




There was another birthday celebration this week. Bapa celebrated his **th birthday (I posted his age on FaceBook and promptly got in trouble for it so only ** for you). We went out to eat and Jackson enjoyed his meal as well as painting the table cloth with ketchup. I think we need to break out the finger paints...




One of Jackson's friends at daycare had a birthday, too. The party favor included a customized tool belt. Jackson enjoys "fixing things" and playing Bob the Builder.




Another thing he enjoys? Thomas the Tank Engine. It has kind of become a ritual in the evenings. It comes on at 5:47pm. Bapa comes home from work, changes his clothes, turns on Thomas, and Jackson runs and sits in his lap and they watch together.




With three grandsons and their respective toys, the downstairs was getting a little "messy". So I promised Mom I'd take care of it, and take care of it I did. I made three toyboxes - one for Myles, one for Jackson and one for Inside Baby (the name is painted on the box, but I'm not telling what it is...just yet).



We found a whole bunch of "new" toys when I organized them into the toy boxes. Jackson found this shooty toy where you put the spear thing into the shooty thing and press this button to make the spear thing shoot out (all technical terms). Jackson learned how to operate the toy himself and laughs hysterically every time the thing shoots out. And that, of course, makes us laugh.




It has gotten cold here. Without realizing it, I bought Jackson and I the exact same jacket...his is blue, mine is purple. About 2 months seperated the purchases... I guess I really liked the jacket!




Speaking of outfits, I bought Jackson and Inside Baby matching outfits. I put Jackson in his last week (plus some new boots). The two boys will be so cute!




He has learned some new words...
button
pizza
ketchup
dye dye (bye bye)
arm

He sings his version of "Itsy Bitsy Spider".

We are working on saying "Baby ***" (Inside Baby's name). Swear he said it yesterday, but it happened once and I will not call it a new word until I am sure he knows what it is. He does love on Mommy's belly where his Baby Brother is living - what a sweet little boy.


We are also working on "please", but it isn't consistent yet so I'm not calling it a word just quite yet.


And finally, Jackson is officially a US Citizen! He got his papers in the mail earlier this week. A dual American/Australian Citizen...he is one lucky little boy!




And now to Inside Baby.
I had an ultrasound two weeks ago to see why I was so large. Apparently, I am having a "bigger baby". I thought "Awesome! 11...12 lbs... we're going to be on the news!" and then they said "8 lbs maybe?". I was like 8lbs? Since when is an 8lb baby considered "bigger"? So whatever. He's healthy. I'm uncomfortable. He'll either be here on the 15th Dec or earlier if he so chooses. But we did get some good pictures. I think he looks just like Jackson. We could even see hair!





And my 34 week belly picture:



And thus ends the niceties portion of this blog... on to the realities of being pregnant and the whinge section.

Not only did Jackson get sick on Thursday night, but I woke up on Friday having contractions. And they continued through the morning and afternoon. I finally called the doctor about 3:00 and they had me come in to Triage. I was there for 3 hours. They monitored my contractions, checked me to see if I was dialating, and ran some tests to determine if I was to go into active labor within the next two weeks. All good news - only dialated a half a centimeter and holding, the test came back saying I would not go into active labor within the next two weeks, and my contractions were not extremely consistent (6 min, 15 min, 7 min...) so they sent me home with a diagnosis of Braxton Hicks. They told me that I would probably have them up until the baby was born and there was nothing I could do about it. So since then I have put up with spontaneous contractions.

THEN I got sick...Jackson gave me the flu... and THEN that turned into a sinus infection. Which I still currently have and for which I am on antibiotics. Along with the sinus infection came an annoying dry tickley cough that I just can't seem to shake.

So for two weeks, we have been sick here and I am so far behind I am not sure if I'll ever get caught up.

In addition, I am experiencing the normal end-of-pregnancy nuances. Somedays I am not sure I can make it 5 more weeks. I have reflux more than what I did with Jackson. It is constant and horrible. I eat rolaids and tums like they're candy. My boobs HURT. My back HURTS. I have Restless Legs Syndrome. I can still breath okay most of the time, but inside baby likes to see how far my rib cage can stretch. There are times I think my ribs are going to crack. My fingers are swollen, my ankles are swollen. I am pretty sure this pregnancy is sponsered by the letter "P" because that is all I seem to be doing. I pee when I cough (which lately is all the freaking time); I pee when I sneeze; I pee when I laugh; and then if that isn't enough, I have to pee every hour anyway. I waddle. Jackson sits on my lap and slides off. I can barely pick the little man up anymore. I get out of breath walking up the stairs. I am just plain exhausted. And that's just the physical complaints.

I am SO hormonal. I can go from extremely angry and snappy to happy and fun to weepy and sad within 30 minutes. But mostly I cry. I cry at EVERYTHING. It doesn't take much to make me sob. I cry during "A Baby Story" every time. Yesterday I cried during "I'm Pregnant...and Addicted".
I cried at this:


And every time this comes on the TV I cry at this:


I cried during the Veteran's Service. I cried during the Memorial Service at church (I didn't know ANY of the people being honored...FYI). I cry if I hear a pretty song. I cry when I see how sweet my nephew is with Jackson. I cry when Jackson does something. And I purposefully leave the sentence saying "something" because it could be anything really. I cry when I hear of friends struggles. Or successes. I also try and put the toaster in the freezer on a regular basis. And that makes me feel crazy. And I cry at the shear overwhelming feeling of it all. I cry. At everything. But I try to hold it in. And that makes me cry.

Honestly, I am over being pregnant. I don't know if I am ready to have a newborn yet though either. I am worried that Jackson is going to feel brushed aside. I am worried that I won't be able to take care of two little ones and give each one the 100% they deserve. I am worried about what happens when one gets sick and one needs to nurse and I only have two arms and have a sinus infection that is making me feel like my head is going to burst open while my husband is in Australia, my mom is busy at work on her master's degree and at school and my dad is in tax season. And see...now I am crying. I cry. At everything.

But I wouldn't change a thing. I love being a mother. And I love my family.

1 comment:

Sarra Cannon said...

You look beautiful, and your son is really the cutest! So happy for you Summer! My husband and I are trying to start a family, so even though the end of pregnancy sounds difficult, I am looking forward to it!