Friday, September 30, 2011

At The Zoo

Today we went to the zoo. Jackson was so excited to see the hippos and "Simba Daddy Lion". It was such a good day to go... We spent 3 1/2 hours there. It was sunny with a lovely breeze. I think we saw every animal in the zoo.

Of course, Jackson's favorite animal was the hippo.



But I think the monkeys may have been a very close second. There were three little guys...and when Jackson came up to the window, they all three stopped, stared, and one even came really close to check him out.



We took a break in the children's area for a quick snack and to run around and explore. Jackson was fearless, crawling through tunnels and climbing on nets. I was so proud of his courage, but he made my heart stop a couple of times, too. It was my first real sense of him and his developing independence.





Jackson walked 75% of the time. Up hills, down hills... when he saw the giraffes he asked "Is that Melman"? (From Madagascar...) He also kept saying "I go in there, Mama". I told him that when he grows up if he wants to work with animals, THEN he could go in there.


And this Baby Giraffe statue was "Samuel's" because "Samuel baby, too".


Samuel enjoyed it, too. He had a constant smile plastered on his face. He thought all the animals were funny.


Until he fell asleep.


It was a wonderful, beautiful day spent with my wonderful, beautiful boys.

No comments: