Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hold Your Head High



12 Weeks gone! I can't believe it! My little boy will be three months old tomorrow. The end of the 4th Trimester. How fast was that! I don't remember being pregnant at all (which could possibly explain why I suddenly have decided that I want another one... or three). I can't remember the last time I was bored...
He is getting so much more aware... talking and playing with his favorite toys - his hands! He makes the best faces and continuously makes David and I laugh. We are amazed with his little personality. He continues to be easy going and good humored. We have settled into a nice routine this week...
He goes to bed at 9:30
He wakes up around 7:00
He then has a feed and snuggles and plays until around 9:30 (he sits in the bathroom with me as I take my shower and get ready, and we sing sing sing... he likes to sing Janis Joplin and Somewhere Over The Rainbow. He sings right along with me. He has such a sweet voice).
He usually has another meal and then has his morning nap (usually in the carrier attached to my front) until 11:30
He is awake until 1:00 or so. During his awake time we play and he eats again.
Then we take a nap together until 3ish.
He has another feed and is awake until 5:00.
The last nap of the day lasts till between 6:00 and 6:30.
He has a feed and plays until his bath at 8:30.
His bedtime routine is bath, boob, bed and usually takes about an hour. We sing I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing while David fills up the tub. He loves that song! And he loves it when his daddy gives him a bath!
He goes to bed at 9:30 sometimes awake and sometimes conked out, but we very very rarely have to go back into his room to settle him.

Tummy Time has proved to be working. We have some spectacular head holding up... still no rolls yet, but we're really close.


This week Jackson started to discover that he could make the toys on his boppy move. And he likes to talk to them (and everything else).

No comments: