Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm Sensitive

Thumbs Up for being 5 Months Old!



My sweet little boy continues to be all things wonderful.


Since he was born he has had sensitive skin. It was being diagnosed as cradle cap, but in the past couple of weeks it got bad. Really bad. And so I took Samuel back into his pediatrician and he was diagnosed as having a severe case of eczema with a secondary skin infection. It looked horrible, weeped all the time, and was itchy for the poor little guy. I think it took so long for the pediatrician to get the right diagnosis because only the skin on his scalp and face was affected



He was put on a short course of oral steroids, and some antibiotics. Within a few days it had cleared right up. Now I am on the quest to find out the trigger as to prevent it from coming back. Or at least coming back as severe as it was.



I asked Jackson what color Samuel's hair was. Jackson said "pink". I was okay with that...strawberry blonde, you know. But then I asked him what color Jackson's hair was. And he said "blue". Hm. Samuel does have beautiful strawberry blonde hair and these gorgeous blue eyes that light up when he smiles...which he does frequently.



I have started swaddling him at night, and consequently he has been sleeping a lot better. As of last week, he has been sleeping through the night unless he breaks out of his swaddle.

He loves to put his hands in his mouth, and has become quite the thumb sucker.



Besides rolling over, he is learning how to sit up.



Jackson loves to share his toys with Samuel. And his hats.



His giggles are infectious. He is loved by everyone...but most of all me! And these last 5 months have been a dream!

No comments: