Sunday, October 12, 2008

They Call Him Flipper, Flipper...






What a better way to celebrate 12 weeks than to get a nuchal scan. David came with me and we saw the baby in there showing off. Bean (now referred to as Flipper) was doing this jump thing where he/she pushed off the uterus wall with it's legs and then floated back down and then would do it again. Then we got a couple of head stands... We could see a lot of things really clearly...head, feet, hands, spinal chord, stomach, heart, two brain hemispheres, and the diaphram which means the baby will be a mighty fine singer of course ;) Still too early to tell the sex - another 6 weeks or so.
Everything looks good and healthy. We are pleased. David found the heartbeat last Friday with the fetal doppler we bought off eBay. Good strong heartbeat...currently 164 bpm. Once we have a chance to record it, I'll post it.
I am feeling better than I have in weeks. My hormones are out of control...my favourite commerical is one for paint which makes me cry everytime. Hmmmm. I also cleaned the entire house top to bottom including washing the walls and cupboards. Is that nesting because I KNOW that is not normal... Still can't sleep too well, but the urpy-ness seems to be settling down. Heartburn is returning with a vengence, and I am not that into Cheeseburgers anymore. Still would like a taste of those Noble Roman breadsticks though....

No comments: