Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

I went for a checkup today and to get the official results from the scan I had 3 weeks ago. Apparently because the baby wasn't in a good position at that scan, they couldn't see all they needed to see (i.e. fetal spine stuff) and I am scheduled for a rescan in Jan. He said it was nothing to worry about...very routine and everything else looked really good. I also made my first appointment with the birthing centre and obstetrician at the John Hunter Hospital...booked in for 2 weeks from yesterday. I have gained exactly 5 kilos during this pregnancy so far. They say you are supposed to gain between 12 - 15 kilos...so I'm on target. AND my fundal height measurement is at 21 weeks...don't know what that means exactly, but it sounds like a good fun fact. He's kicking around a lot and is decidedly active when David plays him Porcupine Tree.

All's good here. Congratulations to my friends Peter and Sam on their new little addition, Christian, born a couple of days ago.

No comments: