Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Way

Hello 25 weeks! 25 is a good number...it feels...stable. I can't believe I will be in my third trimester in a mere two weeks!
Firstly, my 25 week belly...

And next... Pictures of my adorable 25 week old son!!


Including one of his scary baby face...

And cute little feet.

It's been a big week. I went for my first appointment with the birthing centre yesterday. I ended up in the part of the hostpital that advocates active birth...embrace your pain...no drugs. And I just started laughing because you guys know me...the girl with the LOWEST pain tolerence EVER! So they wisely transferred me back downstairs where I am allowed to use drugs during labour.
After a massive amount of confusion and phone calls, my due date was confirmed as the 27 of April. I am right on schedule with measurements and all signs point to a Taurus baby.
David came with me to the ultrasound this morning to see his son and be a proud daddy. The baby was SO cute! He was all calm and cuddly. His head was down in my right hip bone with his back against my side facing the left with his legs and feet stretched out onto my left side. All was going well until he decided he was tired of being measured during his nap so he rolled over and buried his face into my right hip bone. The ultrasound technician had me rolling onto both sides to try and get him to move so we could get a good picture of his face. He was reluctant until the very end where he gave us a nice smile (AKA scary baby face), and went back to sleep. His heartbeat was at a happy and active 153bpm. I know why he is so tired today...it is STINKING hot outside and this is what he does when he is working on a growth spurt. I bet he would perk up a bit if I got in a pool or the ocean. I think I might perk up a bit if I got in a pool or the ocean....


No comments: