Monday, June 20, 2011

Skinamarinky Dinky Dink

I might be just a tad biased, but I'm pretty sure my toddler's a genius. I am pretty sure he'll go to Harvard or Yale or one of those prestigious colleges...he might go in adult diapers and still need a booster seat to see over the steering wheel...
Seriously, though. He AMAZES me with what he knows about letters. He can name a letter at random, tell you several words that start with that letter, and I'm pretty sure he read ME a book the other night. He knows all his shapes and colors. His vocabulary seems to grow exponentially every day...and he loves to sing with me (in tune...can you imagine if he sang out of tune...that would drive me nuts). His current favorite songs are: Summertime, Skinamarinky Dinky Dink, and J-J-J-Jackson, Beautiful Jackson (you know...the K-K-K-Katie song, but with Jackson...or Samuel...yeh you got it).

He is incredibly kind, helpful, loving, generous, sweet, funny, well behaved and polite.

He is also very stubborn and independent. You can tell when he starts getting hungry or tired because he doesn't act like "himself".

I love how he loves his brother.

I think sometimes he wants to BE his brother (or at least take ownership of his stuff)...



I love his sense of humor, his giggle, and how he can always make me laugh.


Here is a typical Jackson move: Unless I am quick on the draw, when Jackson sees a camera, he looks the other way...no runs the other way...he simply will NOT smile. However, one day I tricked him (and so far it still works most of the time). I said "Jackson, show me your teeth"! It might not be a genuine Jackson smile....but at least it isn't a blank stare.



26 Months has gone by so fast.

Skinamarinky Dinky Dink, I Love You!

No comments: