Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bittersweet Symphony

Happy New Year!

This one was a very bittersweet one for us. Today we had to take David to the bus station so he could head back to Australia. This time, there is no definite return date. It is just "whenever his green card comes through". And no one seems to be able to give us a date. Every person we talk to in the Immigration Department seems to have a different answer...or suggestion...or opinion.
So while we celebrated a new year, a change for a clean slate, and the celebration of new beginnings (which we seemed to be doing a lot of lately), we also said goodbye to our husband and dada. Hopefully Immigration will pull the stick out and get things done fast so he can come back.

We spent New Year's Eve with my family. David and I bought fireworks and we enjoyed setting those off. He was like a kid in a candy store!!




Here are my boys on New Years Day:









I like to caption this one as "Shhhhh, it's my turn to talk".








And I got the best New Year's kiss ever!



Happy 2011 from our house to yours! May this year be filled with happiness and love! We look forward to this year - watching Jackson and Samuel grow and develop; anxiously awaiting David's return; enjoying the nearness of family and friends; anticipating the birth of friends' babies; celebrating my sister's WEDDING (!!); finishing my Master's Degree; winning the Wrye Weight Loss Challenge (sorry guys, but it's true...); making some wonderful music in my many artistic outlets; and loving each moment - both expected and unexpected.

No comments: