Sunday, January 9, 2011

Brothers

My two precious little boys. What can I say? I am the luckiest Mother on the planet.




Jackson is such a good big brother. He loves Samuel (to whom he refers as "baby"... he can say "Samuel" or "Sam", but prefers "baby"). He might love Samuel a little too much... he wants to hug him and kiss him constantly and loves to lay his big head on...well...baby. Most of the time, Samuel cries when he senses Jackson is near. But Jackson tries to calm him with an "it's okay".




The day I brought Samuel home from the hospital, Jackson and Samuel just studied each other.



Just as it was for me, I think it was love at first sight for Jackson, too. Samuel on the other hand prefers to study his brother from a distance.



Jackson tries to share his trains and toys with Samuel. One night while I was cooking dinner, I looked over to find Jackson with Samuel's pacifier in his mouth (I gave Samuel a new one), and Jackson was "reading" his Thomas book to Samuel. My heart melted on the spot.



I love my new double stroller (thank you, sweetie)! It is so handy to get both boys around easily.



I love playing with my little men. We all dressed up in our Colts gear to cheer on our favorite team (too bad they lost)!



They are so alike yet so different. They have the same temperament; they are both sweet; they look alike...sometimes; but they have totally different personalities. I love seeing the bond that only two brothers can share flourish with each day that passes. I love being a Mother of Two! I can only think of one saying at the moment: my cup overfloweth.







No comments: