Thursday, January 13, 2011

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

I thought I'd take a quick break from my beautiful children and blog about myself for a second or two. My family is doing a weight loss challenge. It started New Year's Day. Some are doing Weight Watchers, some are counting calories, some are exercising like there is no tomorrow. I am counting calories with an iPhone app called MyFitnessPal. In 9 days when I get the go ahead to start some exercise, I will start on the elliptical. Since giving birth I have lost 30 lbs! I am back in my pre-Samuel jeans! I still have 22 lbs more to lose before I hit my pre-Jackson weight, and that is my goal by June 25 (my sister's wedding date). For the weight loss challenge, we all had to specify an 8 week goal for a reward at the end. If one person doesn't make goal, NO ONE gets the reward. My goal was 10 lbs. We are 2 weeks in and I have lost 7.6 lbs. But more than simply numbers, I feel great. I am drinking tons of water, and eating lots of fruits and vegetables. I'd like to post my progress on this blog as I feel it will keep me on track. I refuse to be the weakest link! So accountability...it's a strong motivator. Here is my "belly pic" from today.



Not bad, eh, for just having given birth 4.5 weeks ago?

No comments: