Saturday, January 15, 2011

Smile

1 Month Old! Can you believe it? That month flew by!



Little Samuel has hit some milestones!

On the day he turned 4 weeks old, he started to smile! Intentionally. His gummy smile lights up his whole face. I dare anyone to try not to smile back in return.




And finally, on his one month birthday, Samuel's umbilical cord fell off! Wow! That held on for a long time! And some of it is still in his belly button...buried deep in there.

Samuel is a good little baby. He still sleeps nice stretches at night; the longest at 4.5 hours. Breastfeeding is going well - he is a great eater! He has attended all of my work commitments with me, either resting in the sling or sleeping in his carrier, without any hassles. On Wednesday, I start back to USI and I am anxious to see how he reacts to that choir as in utero, he would always get very still when they sang.

I think Samuel is getting a little more used to Jackson. These are typical Jackson/Samuel interractions:





He is becoming so much more aware of things. He can focus better now - and his eyes cross as a result. I love his big blue eyes! And when he smiles at you, it is magic!



What a great first month!

No comments: