Saturday, July 9, 2011

Every Party Has A Pooper...

This is one of those blog posts that in 15 years Samuel will hate me for posting, but I have just got to do it. I mean, it was so new and note-worthy in my parental experience...

So Samuel woke up this morning around 5:00 SCREAMING. I could tell it was an "ouch, I'm in pain" scream. He would not nurse and could not get comfortable. AND he had not pooped in 6 days. Don't get me wrong...I caught him trying on several occasions, but all he could manage to squeeze out was a little ball with the consistency of clay. The poor guy was constipated. I knew this two nights ago...when I started giving him prunes in hopes that would help move things along.


But it didn't help. So off the boys and I went to Walgreens to buy...duh duh duh...Pedia-Lax, a glycerin SUPPOSITORY. I felt so sorry for Samuel. But within 3 minutes, he was able to poop. And by poop I mean explode. And he has pooped every day since. Pedia-Lax. Good stuff. Works quickly. Hope I NEVER have to use it again. I'm pretty sure Samuel feels the same way.

Here he is waiting for the glycerin to kick in...


And after it was all over, he took a nice long two hour nap.

No comments: