Monday, July 4, 2011

My Country Tis Of Thee

Happy 4th of July!



I LOVE this holiday! Fireworks, grilling out, summer weather, summer nights, family and friends...

This year we were invited to a party at Kristi and Marvin's house.

We had a great time...

Jackson ran around saying "I cool".

And he is.

Samuel spent some time with family friend, Norman.


I wonder if he regrets doing that...

Jackson had fun playing with Sophie and Silas while I chatted with friends.



And then we went home for grilled out pork steak (YUMMY) and homemade cupcakes.

*Yes, that is Spiderman on Jackson's cupcake...he recently has become obsessed with "Piderman".

And the plan was after Samuel went to bed, we would go outside and shoot off fireworks. However, when I went to pick Jackson up to put on his shoes, he felt really warm. Turns out he was running a 101.5 fever and had the chills, so I put him to bed, too.

On a day when I would normally love to hear and see all the fireworks, I am hoping they stop soon in order not to wake up my sick baby.


And we'll try the fireworks again tomorrow!

No comments: