Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Birthday

It's my birthday!

I woke up to wonderful little boys (who I had to force to take a picture with me)





I got to celebrate later in the day with my sister, nephew, mom, dad and, of course, the boys.



I chose Nagasaki for my birthday dinner...more specifically, I wanted to sit at the Hibachi Grill and order Sake. I got an Apple Martini instead. It wasn't incredibly "kid friendly", but Jackson was a good sport and tried all the adult food, including his salad and soup.


Jackson really enjoyed watching the chef cook our meal in front of us. He didn't take his eyes off the grill.


The chef was very entertaining. And Jackson was delighted when he made fire shoot up in the air.


Everyone went back to the house for presents and cake.


I got everything on my list: a slow cooker, enrollment in the Cake Decorating Class at Michael's, and giftcards to Kohls and Amazon.

Jackson helped me blow out my candles...


...on the cake I made for myself :)


When I became a mother, I felt that birthdays should be equally about celebrating the mother of the birthday person as it is about the person who's birthday it is.
So, because I had a spare cookie cake lying around, I decorated it for my mother:


So happy birthday to me! And, thanks Mom, for pushing!

No comments: