Wednesday, August 3, 2011

No Day But Today

Today I started the process of checking something off my bucket list.
I took my very first flight lesson.

I got to fly a Cessna 172. It is a very tiny 4-seater plane.



My instructor, Chris, was awesome. He let me take control almost right away and I flew him from one end of Evansville to the other and back.



We even flew over my house! (He took the reigns while I took pictures...couldn't help it *blush*)



He showed me where to find Evansville's own "Crop Circle"... AKA stick figure man. Can you see him down there?



In total, we were in the air for about 45 minutes. I felt like I learned a lot fairly quickly, and didn't feel overwhelmed at all like I thought I would be. I can't quite find the right words to accurately describe what it felt like to be flying a plane. I absolutely LOVED it. In fact, I can't stop thinking about flying again!

I need to fly 40 hours to qualify to take the test to get my private pilot's license. It isn't the cheapest hobby to have...so I'll have to take the lessons as I can afford them. This is definitely something I will pursue though.

love. Love. LOVE!

No comments: