Saturday, August 20, 2011

Slow Down

Oh my goodness...I love this little guy so much! And he is 28 months old today. 28 Months! That is 2 months off of 2 1/2 years.



He has the sweetest little personality. He is a great helper, and, for the most part, and excellent listener. His sense of humor is unique, and I love his different expressions.

I love his unbridled goofiness. He constantly is doing something to make me laugh.



Every Thursday, on my day off, I try to take the boys somewhere special. The past couple of weeks have brought:
The last craft hour of the summer. Jackson made a beautiful fish that he was very proud of.


A movie in a cinema. We saw Winnie the Pooh. His favorite part was the cinnamon pretzel and the Lion King preview. We left halfway through when Jackson looked at me and said "all done, Mama". He didn't care too much for Winnie the Pooh or his friends.


A trip to Petsmart, Lics, and the park. Of all the animals in the pet store, Jackson liked most the fish. From Lics, Jackson picked a grilled cheese...


...before going down the big twirly slide. About a billion times.



Jackson loves to read. He will chose a book (or puzzle) over a toy or TV show any day.


I am amazed at how well he speaks and what he knows and what he says.
One of my favorite stories from the past couple of weeks is this. My dad was outside mowing the lawn and pulling weeds. Jackson loves to mow the lawn, too. Dad says "Look at all this crap!" as he is throwing the weeds. Jackson says "Mama, Bapa is throwing crap!" It was hilarious!


I "interviewed" Jackson last week. It went a little something like this.
Me: What's your name?
Jackson: Jackson
Me: How old are you, Jackson?
Jackson: Jackson two.
Me: What is your favorite color, Jackson?
Jackson: Jackson geen. (that's gReen to you and I)
Me: What is your favorite animal, Jackson?
Jackson: Hippo!!!

He looks for the sun each morning and the moon each night. If it is cloudly, he tells me "the sun hiding behind the clouds, Mama". So sweet.

Tonight we were having pizza and his cheese was dripping off (yum). Jackson told me his pizza was crying. I love these "toddler-isms".

And when he is hungry he says "I hungry hungry hippo". Love this boy.

Jackson LOVES peanut butter and cake. Not so much ice cream. His favorite foods are oranges, peas, sausage, yogurt, applesauce, and anything with butter on it (that's his dad right there). I have been cooking at home a lot lately and have been trying some new things, and I think Jackson's new favorite meal might have to be cheesy tuna.

*No, this picture is not cheesy tuna...it is Pasta with Meatballs.


Jackson still goes to soccer class every week. With each passing week he gets better and better. He loves to run fast and jump, and his kicking is getting to be much more accurate. We were finally able to break out the new Nikes Mio bought him last year. Goes well with his soccer outfit, don't you think?



And, oh, how he loves his brother.


Seriously...He...REALLY...loves his little brother.


Sometimes he loves him TOO much.

Jackson can count to "11" (random, right?), say and recognize his ABCs, sing in tune (phew!), and dance. And he still has no interested in using the toilet.

Jackson is a typical two year old...I constantly hear "my do it". And while I am so proud of how independent he is getting, I struggle with letting my baby go. This past 28 months has gone so fast and as time moves on it just seems to go more quickly. So each day I try to get all the snuggles, kisses, and smiles from this sweet little boy that I possibly can. Slow down, Sweet Pea!

No comments: