Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lucky

Let me tell you of a conversation I had at church this past week. I am the Minister of Music for a Baptist church in Henderson. I love the job - I love the people! Jackson spends his Sunday mornings in the nursery with Miss Judy. Miss Judy has been working in the daycare field for more than 30 years. She has told me and others at the church that she has never come across such a good almost two year old as Jackson. BIG compliment for me! And Samuel spends his Sunday mornings in the Moby with me during the service. I, too, get compliments on how good he is. Beth, a member of my choir, commented on how good BOTH of my children are and asked if I planned to have anymore. I told her that the odds were not in my favor for a well behaved third child and I was scared to press my luck! And while we both laughed in a joking kind of manner, the thought seriously was nerve-wrecking enough for me to consider not having any more children. I mean, what are the odds that I would have TWO easy, well behaved sweet babies much less THREE? No that I'm thinking of delving into a third pregnancy FOR A LONG WHILE anyway... I was just thinking about my two sweet boys!

And speaking of, my sweet youngest baby is 2 months old today! I know this is a common sentiment with mothers, but geez that went fast!




His 2 month well check is not until next week so I don't have height and weight progress yet, but will post them when we get them.

Samuel is steadily working himself into a schedule. The past couple of nights I have been able to put him down awake and I don't hear from him until 3:30 or 4:00 when he nurses and then goes back down until 7:30. I hope this trend continues. He then takes three or four naps during the day with the longest one being in the afternoon.

He is becoming more aware of his surroundings every day and interacting with not only people but his toys. I love seeing his gummy smiles and hearing his precious coos.



Because the weather has tremendously improved, we have been spending most afternoons outdoors. Samuel got to go outside for the first time on Sunday and I think he enjoyed the sun and fresh air.





Samuel is now in cloth diapers full time (well, with the exception of night time). I love the cute designs and that his little bottom remains unscathed by diaper rash and redness.




I am also excited to finally have my diaper sprayer all set up.




He has learned to suck on his fist and blow bubbles.




And he can hold his head up for quite some time before he gets tired. We try to do some tummy time every day, but it isn't his most favorite thing to do.




All in all, he is doing quite well. He is a very easy going baby content to go along with whatever!








Samuel, you are truly a joy to have around and I love being your mommy!

No comments: