Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ultimate Mom "To Do" List

Update on my weight goals... Exactly 2 months after giving birth to Samuel, I am 36.2 lbs (~16.5 kg) lighter. Just another 5.8 lbs (2.6 kg) and I have lost all of my Samuel weight. And after that, I will start working on my left over Jackson weight...another 10 lbs (4.5 kg). I am really pretty happy with the progression so far. I have been counting calories like mad, making sure I am consuming an extra 500 HEALTHY calories to aid in breastmilk production, as well as drinking only water (with one Sobe Lifewater Zero calories) daily. I'm sure that constantly chasing after a toddler, running up and down stairs, and cleaning the never ending mess that two kids seem to produce is helping, too!
I received several gift cards for Christmas to Kohl's and Target to buy clothes. I was trying to hold out to use them until ALL the weight was gone. But I just couldn't anymore. I felt silly walking around in baggy maternity clothes. So I bought a pair of skinny jeans, 3 tops and a dress. I am really looking forward to expanding my wardrobe even more!



In other news, I am going to apply for a job within the EVSC school system for next year. In order to obtain my teaching license I must take the Praxis I and II exams. The Praxis I is a 4.5 hour exam on reading, writing, and math. And the Praxis II is a 2.5 hour exam on music. I'm currently going through the study guides...those are two exams I wouldn't want to take twice!
I'm also trying to forge ahead with my Masters Thesis. After the loss of my John Lennon notecards, I had been quite discouraged (still don't know what I'm going to do with that one). But my final recital is scheduled for the Spring and I am working on my opening chapter research. It will be such a relief to get this thing completed so I can finally read one of the 75 books on my Kindle that are for fun!

This is all certainly a challenge to accomplish while catering to a toddler and newborn and holding down 4 jobs. I seems that everyday I cross 5 things off of my to-do list and 10 more things appear. Speaking of, I'm teaching a voice lesson in a half an hour. I'd better make sure Samuel is fed, wake up Jackson and give him his snack, and change two diapers so there are no untimely interruptions! In the meantime, enjoy this little song by Hilary Weeks...


No comments: