Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Song 2

It is the post of twos! Jackson is 22 months old - just 2 months away from being 2!

Here is what he looked like this time last year:




This post is a little later than I intended for it to be... last Thursday we were struck by the dreaded Stomach Bug. First Jackson got it. Then it went away. Then it made it's return. Then I got it. Then Dad. Then Mom. Then Mio. FINALLY yesterday we all went back to normal - daycare and work. That thing is horrible! Glad we are done with it!

So here is long overdue update on my little man, the almost two year old, Jackson Wayne!

One Tuesday afternoon before Valentine's Day after nap, we spent some time together while Samuel was sleeping making cookies. I had been looking forward to the time when I could bake with Jackson ever since I found out I was pregnant. Who doesn't like to make cookies with their Mom? So I brought out the step stool and the cookie cutters and we were off.








We even played "making cookies" while we were waiting on them to bake.

I was in Mommy Bliss. And Jackson had fun, too, though I'm not sure whether he had more fun making the cookies or eating the cookies. The step stool is now his favorite piece of furniture. He loves standing on it and watching what is going on up high.

Speaking of Mommy Bliss...Jackson will now watch a feature length movie all the way through and react to it appropriately. We have watched Despicable Me and Cars so far. He laughs and says "ought oh", and likes to cheer on Lightning McQueen with a "Go Lightning McQueen"!

The rate at which he is developing amazes me. I really do love this age. Every day it is something new. His vocabulary increases so much on a daily basis. He now uses possessive nouns (i.e. Mommy's coat, Bapa's car, Samuel's bath) as well as the word "mine". A few days ago when he was not feeling well, I told him we would go buy the Cars Movie. He wanted to do that. I then asked him if he would like to eat breakfast. He said "No Mommy. Cars Movie." (Eventually he settled for some cereal before going). He now responds with yes or no. It is actually Yes (or Yeh as he says) way more than No so I am liking this stage so far.

He likes to color and can identify the colors red, green, orange and blue.



One Friday night we went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Myles's achievements in school. Jackson enjoyed riding on the rides, but really came alive when he learned how to navigate the playset and slide. He won the jackpot (with the help of Uncle Noel) twice. He ended up with 182 tickets. He shared them with Myles, but not before picking out his prize...crayons.






It has finally been warm enough to head outside to play. We brought out his tricycle and he has been learning to use the peddles to make himself go. I can't wait for the weather to be consistently more play-worthy! Fresh air makes everyone happier!





Jackson's love of books amazes me and makes me very happy. He likes to read, be read to, and he even sleeps with his books! One night after being put in bed, he asked for his Thomas book. Thinking he was going to read it while trying to fall asleep, I gave it to him. He then hugged it to his chest and closed his eyes. Stuffed animals? No way. Books? Yes, please!


I found him like this one night as I checked on him before heading to bed:



Just lately I pulled out the old chalkboard and alphabet magnets. He can identify an "o" correctly, and he likes to try and spell. Most all words include the letters "a", "e", and "double" (w).



Jackson has the sweetest personality and I love watching him become his own little person.




I love you, sweet pea!

No comments: