Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Boy Who Giggled So Sweet

And the countdown begins. In one month from today, my first born will be TWO!


I dropped him off to the nursery at church today and he is now the oldest one in there. I watched him play with the other little one year olds and he just looked so...big! Old! Mature!

Jackson has a kind soul. He is so sweet and makes me smile, laugh and melt on a daily basis. He is also stubborn and is enjoying finding his new independence.

I went into his room one morning and he was standing there in his diaper with his Lightning McQueen PJs on the floor. He was so proud of his accomplishment!



Jackson loves his little brother so much. He is learning to be less rough with him, and in turn, Samuel enjoys watching Jackson play and smiles at him constantly. And Jackson enjoys testing out Samuel's things...



Jackson's vocabulary grows daily. My recent favorite is that he says "please" really sweetly whenever he wants something. Charms me into it every time! He likes telling me to whom things belong. Mommy's juice, Jackson's pants, Samuel's bumbo... He is also getting very vocal about when he has dirtied his diaper. Hello potty training! At this point, I am planning on starting the three day method the first week of May.

Jackson still loves everything Thomas. I recently introduced him to playdoh. He runs; he jumps; he climbs; he slides. He loves to color, loves to dance and LOVES his ABCs.

He is very good about helping to clean up. He even has a song he sings while he does it. Clean up, clean up, everybody do some...
And he follows instructions well (most of the time...can't be perfect all the time...especially at almost 2).

He will eat almost anything you give him. His favorite food is cheese, but a close second is bananas, oranges, applesauce, sausage, and yogurt.


Most of all, he is a lover. I love his big hugs and kisses. There is nothing in the world like little arms around your neck. I am blessed beyond belief to have such a wonderful almost two year old.

No comments: