Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sick Of Being Sick

Happy 3 Month Birthday to my beautiful boy, Samuel Wrye!

I love these month stickers. I know they are the "in thing" right now and I can definitely see why!

Well, the fourth trimester is officially over. And right on cue, Samuel knows he has hands and likes to stare at them, put them in his mouth, and swat at toys.

Unfortunately, the 3 month celebrations were a bit overshadowed by Samuel's recent illness. On Sunday he developed a fever and lost his appetite. We headed over to the Urgent Care where he had a chest x-ray. It came back clear. It appears Samuel just has a good ol' case of the flu. Poor little thing...watery eyes, goopy eyes, runny nose, sneezes and coughs, and he just isn't himself. After a LONG Sunday night of refusing to nurse (it was long because I was in PAIN and was pumping up a storm...he slept), he began to nurse again on Monday morning. He still isn't back to his norm - only eating on one side every two hours or so (through the night as well so our long stretches have temporarily ceased) - and it takes a good ten minutes of crying before he decides he is actually ready to get down to business. Our super efficient feedings have become marathon battles, and our 8 hour stretches of sleep have reverted back to the newborn days. His fever is gone and he looks better today than yesterday. I hope this rate of improvement continues.

So, Samuel, we'll celebrate later, Roo. I love you so much and am glad that you are here! I love your smiles and your little voice. You already make me laugh daily, and I enjoy watching your personality develop. You are our little blessing!

No comments: