Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sick Again

I am beginning to think that I may never have two boys who are healthy at the same time! If it's not (or snot) one, it's the other. And this time it's Jackson.

Miss Brandy called me yesterday about 3:30 to tell me that Jackson had thrown up. And so I went to get him *hoping* it was just a one off. It wasn't. He threw up in the driveway, in the car, at home, upstairs, downstairs, on me, on Nana... poor little guy. And then he started running a fever. He was so thirsty, but we couldn't give him a juice cup because he couldn't keep anything down. So we started giving him 1 Tablespoon of Pedialyte every 10 minutes. Eventually he went to sleep. He woke up twice for juice and a diaper change, and kept saying "owie" in his sleep so I knew he wasn't feeling well. He threw up once more this morning, but hasn't thrown up since. Just fever and lethargic and sleepy. We have had a very snugly 24 hours.






Jackson has enjoyed his first experience with Lollipops or "pops" as he calls them during this illness. Lollipops makes everything better.



Through it all, Samuel has been very easy going, patient and happy. He slept from 9 to 5:30 last night and then went down again until 9:30. He took three naps during the day, and hardly complained. I think he might be the best baby ever!



I am very thankful for my mom who helped out this morning while I went to take my Praxis I Exam. After only 4 hours of dodgy sleep, I wasn't sure how I'd do. But I finished 2 hours early (I don't check answers - my gut instinct usually works for me - and I didn't take my break), and I passed both the reading and math sections. I hear about the writing section in two weeks. The afternoon was lazy...I think we must have watched Cars 4 times today.
Both boys have been in bed since 8:30 and, even though I should be in bed myself, I am enjoying the Butler game before evoking the sandman. Go Dawgs!

I just hate it when my babies are sick. I do enjoy the snuggles though. Here's hoping that tomorrow shows continued improvement.

No comments: